Under Utah Code 38-8-3, Lock It Up Self Storage holds storage auctions to vacate non-paying tenants.
Click on any location to find out the current status of auctions.
North Ogden - Ogden - Clinton - Layton - Clearfield - Bountiful
How Does The Auction Work?
Try to arrive 10-15 minutes early to the scheduled auction. In our office will be a sign-in sheet where you will receive a bidder ID. At the start of the auction our manager will go over the rules of the auction. You will bid on the entire contents of a storage unit and items are sold "as is, where is". Bidding starts after all attendees have had the opportunity to view an individual unit. Bidding occurs in standard live auction format, with the highest bidder winning the unit. Contents are expected to be removed by the end of the day, so make the necessary plans ahead of time. We ask that all personal items (photos, birth certificates, tax papers, etc.) be returned to the office so we can return them to their owner.
What Can I Expect To Find?
You really never know what you will find. Most items are general household goods, furniture, electronics, and clothing; but it is not uncommon for bidders to find jewelry, collectibles, antiques, and other valuable items. You will be viewing the unit from the threshold of the door; meaning boxes and storage containers could yield anything. To get an idea of the items that will be in an auction, click on the facility pages above. On those pages we post photos of the units in our auctions.
Terms Of Our Auctions
1. Payment must be made with cash.
2. All items are sold "as is, where is".
3. Purchased items must be removed the day of the auction by closing time, unless other arrangements are made.
4. We are required to collect sales tax on all sales.
5. You are required to return all personal items (photos, birth certificates, tax papers, etc.) to our office.
6. Bidding will be in full dollars. No cents.
7. Buyers are responsible for all items they buy immediately after the purchase.
8. We are not responsible for any accidents that occur during the auction or the removal of items from purchaed units.
9. Our auctions are conducted and completed pursuant to Utah State Codes 38-8-1 thru 38-8-5.